Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Bonjour- A Fun CAS Mixed Media Card :-)

Hi Stampers!

This Clean and Simple (CAS) Mixed Media card was created using the Splitcoaststampers’ CC540 Color Challenge (see details here and gallery here- dessert option "Birthday" but I skipped dessert this time :-)) along with the Way To Use It WT514  “Speaking Foreign” Challenge (see details here and gallery here), Free For All F4A281 “Think Big”  Challenge (see details here and gallery here) and SC518 Sketch Challenge  (see details here and gallery here).   

I purchased this owl stamp on sale a while ago and this is the first time that I have had a chance to play around with it....I love this bold image- it reminds me of a woodcut and the owl has such a bewildered and cute expression (I normally do not gravitate towards “cute” images but one of my friends absolutely loves all things “cutesy” and she is starting to wear off on me- lol!).

If you have not had a chance to visit the above challenge sites yet, again, I would encourage you to do so- great inspiration from all!

This card was fairly quick to create- de-static the paper with an Embossing Buddy®, stamp the image using Versamark™ ink, apply Stampin’ Emboss White Embossing Powder, heat with the Heat Tool, color with Stampin’ Write Markers- Tempting Turquoise, Smoky Slate and Crushed Curry and wipe off the excess with a dampened paper towel.

I did modify the image a bit using a Spectrum Noir™ True Black alcohol marker to enlarge the pupil, added additional lines for the “iris” with a Faber-Castell Pitt Pen XS Marker and finished with the white highlights using Titanium White Acrylic Paint.

Trim the image and mount onto Tempting Turquoise cardstock, trim again and mount onto Smoky Slate cardstock.

Stamp the sentiment onto Whisper White cardstock using Tempting Turquoise Classic Ink, trim the panel and mount onto Tempting Turquoise cardstock, trim again and mount onto Smoky Slate cardstock, trim once more and mount onto the Tempting Turquoise card base.

Add the owl image panel using Stampin’ Dimensionals® and a few Rhinestones to finish off the card.

 Stamp Sets:  Chère Amie  (My Friend),  Owl Stamp (Inkadinkado)

Ink: Versamark™, Tempting Turquoise; Stampin’ Write Markers- Crushed Curry, Smoky Slate, Tempting Turquoise

Paper/Cardstock:  Whisper White, Smoky Slate, Tempting Turquoise

Accessories:  Embossing Buddy®, Stampin’ Emboss® White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Rhinestones


Thanks again for taking the time to visit- I hope you have a fantastic week, my friends!

1 comment:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Fabulous card. I love the blue you used. It really makes your card pop.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...