Sunday, February 7, 2016

Puppy Love :-)

 Hello Friends!

I decided to join in on the Splitcoaststampers Cards for A Cause this year and the February Challenge is to send cards to the Tri-County Humane Society in St. Cloud, MN (see details here).

I knew that the Puppy Love set from Sweet ‘n Sassy Stamps would be perfect for this cause and I also noticed that this week, The Paper Players PP281 Theme Challenge is “Raining Cats and Dogs” :-)

I have also linked this card to the Splitcoaststampers’ CC565 Color Challenge and the SC578 Sketch Challenge.

I hope you will find time to visit the above galleries and if you are inclined to do so, come join in on the Cards for A Cause card drive (this is a monthly card drive with a different cause each month- last year Splitcoaststampers sent over 6300+ cards to worthy causes- wow, what an honor to be part of that this year :-)).

To create this card:

Ink the Scottish Terrior dog image and the sentiment from the Puppy Love clear stamp set from Sweet ‘n Sassy Stamps (SNSS) using Stampin’ Up! Black Archival Ink and stamp onto Whisper White cardstock (I used my MISTI® Tool for alignment and repeated stamping to get the images nice and dark and I also used the Heat Tool to speed up the drying time for the multiple layers of ink).

Add a few paw prints from the Puppy Love set using Smoky Slate Classic Ink, trim the panel and use a sewing machine with a zig zag stitch to adhere it to a piece of Basic Black cardstock.

Emboss a piece of Real Red designer paper (retired years ago from a Stampin’ Up! hostess pack), adhere to Basic Black cardstock using the zig zag stitch as well.

Layer the background panel onto Real Red cardstock, add the panel onto the Whisper White card base and mount the horizontal embossed/ stitched panel directly to the card front.

Stitch two flag banners to the upper left corner with a straight stitch and mount the focal image panel with dimensional foam to finish off the card.

Fun and quick- this card should be flat enough to mail without additional postage.
Puppy Love 

Stamp Sets:  Puppy Love (SNSS)

Ink: Black Archival (Stampin’ Up!)

Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, retired Real Red DSP (Stampin’ Up! hostess level I set)

Accessories:  MISTI® Tool, Big Shot™, Sizzix Plaid  and DiamondsTextured Impressions™ Embossing Folders,  Sewing Machine, White Thread, Hexagon Punch


Thanks again for taking the time to visit- hugs and have a blessed week, my friends!

3 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Julie your little Scottie dog is so sweet and I'm sure dog lovers everywhere would echo the sentiment on your card. I love the way you framed your card and the addition of the stitching, which is a great feature. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

LeAnne said...

This is adorable, Julie! I LOVE Scotties...wish I had one....but I will just have to enjoy them vicariously through these cute little images! Love red and black too...a perfect combination of all things that make me smile! Thanks for sharing and playing with my challenge this week!

Claire Broadwater said...

Julie, this is just perfect! I love the Scottie dog! The sentiment is fabulous! I love all the stitching on your card. It adds so much detail! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XXX

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...